Butternut squash salad with chickpeas and tahini.
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp of each, ground turmeric, coriander, cumin, cinnamon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 400g jar of cooked chickpeas (drained)
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped coriander or flat parsley
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Small bag of rocket leaves
- Nigella seeds (optional)
For the tahini sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed to a paste
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1.Preheat the oven to 220C.
2. Toss the butternut squash with the garlic, spices, salt and pepper and olive oil, put in the baking tray and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
3. Add the chickpeas and tomatoes 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Remove and cool.
4. To make the sauce, mix the garlic with the lemon juice and add the tahini. Thin it down a little with water and olive oil. Season to taste.
5. To finish the salad, place the contents of the roasting tin in the serving dish, with the onions, herbs and the rocket, pour over the tahini sauce and mix gently.
6. Sprinkle the nigella seeds (if using) over the top, then season with salt and pepper.