- 3 large eggs (separated)
- 100g sugar
- 350g thick, Greek-style yoghurt
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 30g pistachio nuts, shelled and (roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C/gas 4. Place a “bain marie” (water bath) in the oven.
2. Line 25cm cake tin (one with a solid bottom is best) with baking parchment.
3. Whisk the egg whites with a quarter of the sugar until they form soft peaks.
4. Beat the egg yolks with the rest of sugar until pale and thick, add yoghurt, orange and lemon juice and the zests. Mix well and slowly add the sifted flour, fold it in gently.
5. Gently fold in the whites into the yoghurt mixture.
6. Pour gently into the baking tin, sprinkle the nuts on top and place in a “bain marie”. The water should come halfway up the tin.
7.Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top is brown and the cake springs back when you press gently. The cake should still be a bit wobbly in the middle.
8. Serve with fresh fruit or a fruit coulis.